Friday, October 03, 2008

New Republican As: What Just Happened?

I have a confessions to make. In most cases, I can't sit through an entire campaign ad--especially a negative one. I don't care which side produced it, 30 or 60 seconds of "my opponent is a slime ball" just doesn't hold my interest that long. It is like the mini-equivalent of a convention speech. We all know the point, why do I have to wait until the end to hear it?

So when I kept seeing links to the a new ad entitled "What Just Happened?" that was 90-seconds long my first thought was: Ugggh. How are you going to get anyone to sit that long for a political ad?

That's why I was totally shocked I watched the whole thing.
Maybe it is because I am frustrated that Obama is getting a boost from the banking collapse when there is no reason he should be. (And the ad neglected to include Obama's campaign contributions from Fannie and Freddie.) But this ad was well-done.

No comments: