Sunday, January 08, 2006

Ted Kennedy On The Goldwater Presidency

I'm not sure how I missed this yesterday. I think Senator Kennedy needs to put down the bottle again. Covered at the New Editor (hat tip Instapundit), here's a gem of a quote by Kennedy.
Briefly, Kennedy rewrote the outcome of the 1964 election. "This nominee was influenced by the Goldwater presidency," he said. "The Goldwater battles of those times were the battles against the civil rights laws." Only then did Kennedy acknowledge that "Judge Alito at that time was 14 years old."
Really? Here's a link that might help Mr. Kennedy out. I suppose it might be too much to ask for Kennedy to actually know who has been president and who hasn't. On second thought, no it's not. I wasn't really sure how it would be possible for my opinion of Senator Kennedy to sink lower. Now I know.