- The Republican Party suffered a death blow.
- A wave of black voters and young people was the key to Obama's victory.
- Now that they control the White House and Congress, Democrats will usher in a new progressive era.
- A Republican candidate could have won the presidency this year.
- McCain made a huge mistake in picking Sarah Palin.
Cillizza invites us to supply more myths. Here's one: Obama won because Americans were inspired by a new kind of politician with a message of hope and change. (I think that Obama won because: 1. he got out in front of Hillary in the caucus states, and 2. he was the Democratic Party candidate.)Eventually I, and the country, will move on from the election. But at the moment a lot of the intellectual interest among the political pundit and junkies remains there.