Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Never Forget
















As much as I might want to, I myself will never forget. I will never forget where I was on 9/11. I will never forget how I felt. I will never forget the eyes and the whispers of those around me as we huddled in front of a small TV at work, trying to make sense of what was happening. I will never forget calling to see if friends and family that worked around Wall Street were still alive and getting only busy signals. I will never forget that in searching for these photos Google found one site in memory of 9/11 and dozens of conspiracy sites claiming 9/11 as an inside job--so I will never forget that these idiots are of limited intelligence and of inferior character. But most of all I will never forget that as the twin towers burned and their fall was inevitable that the proud members of the FDNY kept running back inside to try to save just one more person. Courage, bravery, and honor were defined for me by their actions with clarity I never thought possible. I will never forget what you did that day for all of us and God willing neither will history.

Regular blogging to resume Friday.

No comments: