Thursday, September 04, 2008

Obama Amazed the Surge Worked

I honestly don't know what to say. In part of his O'Reilly interview, Obama said:
“I think that the surge has succeeded in ways that nobody anticipated,” Obama said while refusing to retract his initial opposition to the surge. “I’ve already said it’s succeeded beyond our wildest dreams.”
In ways nobody anticipated? Is he serious? Did he mean "In ways that people argued passionately for, only to be met with ridicule?" and just mis-speak, as politicians like to call it?

In his typical to-the-point style, Glenn Reynolds at Instapundit says:
Actually, I think it succeeded in ways that John McCain anticipated. And General Petraeus, who was mocked by Obama-supporting MoveOn as "General Betrayus."
When it comes to social issues, Obama speaks with passion and experience. I don't agree with many of his solutions, but he definitely has a view point. When it comes to military issues in general, and Iraq in particular, he is so obviously over his head that I sort of feel sorry for him.

No comments: