Friday, September 05, 2008

Excitement All About Palin

The difference between Wednesday night and last night at the convention was staggering. Not from the coverage (I didn't really watch) and not from the speeches (I didn't get a chance to see McCain's speech live). I am judging from the activity online.

On Wednesday night, people were absolutely buzzing. Post after post were being made on blogs everywhere. You could go back to your favorite blog, hit refresh, and be almost guaranteed to see an update or a new story. I posted a few comments on popular blogs and the traffic hear hit the normal daily totals within 5 minutes.

On Thursday night, there were relatively few posts made. I read a few "good speech, not as good as Palin's" posts. A few of the more prominent conservative blogs were idle--the authors went to bed and posted their thoughts in the morning.

More on this later, but the excitement and buzz that Palin has caused in the conservative base is just shocking. I've read comments that say they haven't seen anything like this since Ronald Reagan. At first I scoffed at that suggestion. The more I think about it, though, the more it is hard to argue.

I don't agree with Sarah Palin on all the issues. But my initial reaction of "what a brilliant political move" when McCain picked her is becoming more true than what I every would have predicted.

No comments: