Friday, October 03, 2008

Media Bias: "Mistakes" in Transcripts

I'm always fascinated by new way for media bias to show its ugly face and Michael Ledeen at the Corner unearthed a new one concerning the Palin-Biden debate.

He notes the transcript reads Palin as saying:
And I may not answer the questions that either the moderator or you want to hear, but I'm going to talk straight to the American people and let them know my track record also.
but it left out two rather important words. The real quote is as follows.
And I may not answer the questions the way that either the moderator or you want to hear, but I'm going to talk straight to the American people and let them know my track record also.
Why is it errors in transcripts never seem to be missing words like "the" or "an"? Why instead are they words that completely change the meaning of the statement? Why does this change in meaning often benefit the candidate on the left?

As Professior Xavier from the X-Men might respond: Why do you ask questions to which you already know the answers?

No comments: