Thursday, October 23, 2008

Obama: Use Love As a Weapon Against Your Grandparents

When I first read this, my initial reaction was disbelief. It was attributed to the official Barack Obama web site but it couldn't be true, could it? So the page in question was urging people to talk to their grandparents and get them to vote for Barack Obama. But here's the language they used. (Hat tip: Gateway Pundit.)
The one thing most grandparents have in common is that they have the most wonderful grandchildren in the world - so clever, so handsome, so pretty, ever so precious. Even if you are still unsure of your path in life, and even if your parents and friends occasionally wonder about you, your grandma and grandpa love you and have faith in you.

That is your weapon! "Precious" needs to get on the phone and say, "Grandpa, Grandma, I am asking you to vote for Barack Obama. This is really important to me. It's about my future. It's about the world I will be living in. It's about the world I want for my future children. (They will love that one!) Please! Do it for me!"
Are these people for real? Is it a Presidential campaign or a cult? I'm quite literally disgusted at the moment.

I ask you to share this with anyone else that you feel would also be disgusted by it. What, asking isn't enough? How about this? If you love me you'd do it? What's the matter? Grandma, don't you love me?

No comments: