Tuesday, October 07, 2008

SNL Bailout Skit Removal is a Hot Topic

Last night, after a few other posts, I ended with a post about how NBC has removed a Saturday Night Live skit lampooning the Congressional bailout from their website. I didn't think much of it as a story. Sure it was silly of NBC to think they could stop people from watching the video after it aired on national television, but how many people would care, really?

Apparently...a lot. I checked my site traffic this morning and it is running about ten times higher than it normally is. And 90% of this traffic are Google searches such as "SNL removed bailout video" and "watch SNL banned video".

So if you are here because you made such a search, I thank you. Censorship disgusts me. Ugly ideas will be rejected by a healthy society. To censor just because you disagree with an idea is uglier still. (And coming up with fake banned book lists, such as was done to Sarah Palin, is equally as reprehensible. Fake accusations of censorship do much to hurt the fight against the real thing.)

Go to my post from last night to learn a little more about the details of what people think is happening in this case. Or if you are just here for the video, here it is again:
As was said in Serenity: You can't stop the signal, Mal. And for that we should all be grateful.

No comments: