Thursday, October 23, 2008

Sarah Palin Guarantees Win in Pennsylvania

Speaking in Beaver Creek, PA today Sarah Palin guaranteed a win in Pennsylvania by McCain. (Hat tip: Instapundit.) I find it odd that she actually used the word guarantee.
“And I hope Joe won’t mind if I paraphrase him some in this state, his home state, Pennsylvania, with your help, we’re going to win this state. I guarantee it,” Palin said to wild applause.
This is a pretty direct approach. Invoking the image of Joe Namath and quoting him near his home town is a little different than just the usual rhetoric of "we are going to fight for you".

Just how well is McCain polling according to internal polls? First I noted McCain-Palin spending time and money in PA. Now we have this statement by Palin. Interesting times with less than two weeks left in the election.

Perhaps this goes hand in hand with data from polls such as Battleground, which continues to show a statistical dead heat.

No comments: